Combined hormonal contraception
Combined Hormonal Contraception
- Pill Combined Oral Contraceptive COC (daily)- monophasic, biphasic, triphasic, quadriphasic.
- Patch Combined Transdermal Patch CTP (weekly) – Evra ®)
- Ring Combined Vaginal Ring CVR (monthly)- Nuvaring ®)
- All for 3 weeks then pill free/ patch free/ ring free week.
- All contain oestrogen + progestogen
- All contraindicated (WHOMEC 3/4) in migraine with aura, VTE, hypertension, breast cancer, IHD, stroke, smoker over 35 years old
……..How to choose???
- Know basic facts about method and how it works/ side effects
- Know any contraindications :WHOMEC
- Consider non-contraceptive benefits
- Consider PATIENT`s CHOICE !
Contraceptive choice- What to consider …………..
- Any medical contraindications?
- Any headaches?
- Sexual history
- Interacting medication?
- Menstrual history/ bleeding pattern
- BP and weight
- Family history
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by MMA Online Contraceptive Course and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.