Quick Starting Contraception
- Traditionally, women were told to wait until their next menses to begin hormonal contraception
- This avoids using contraception during an undetected pregnancy
- Downside is that the women have additional exposure to pregnancy
- It may reduce likelihood of actually starting hormonal birth control by up to 25%
- Impedes access for non-menstruating women
Methods Suitable for Quick Starting
All methods of Contraception can be quick started at Any Time IF it is reasonably certain that there is No risk that the woman could be pregnant.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by MMA Online Contraceptive Course and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.