Progesterone Only Method Of Contraception
Progestogen Only Pill (Pop)
Missed Pills Regime POPs
- Traditional POPs ( 3 hrs Window)
- If more than 3 hrs late, ie more than 27 hrs from the last pill OR
- Desogestrel POPs ( 12 hrs window)
- If more than 36 hrs late since the last pill :
- A) The last pill should be taken as soon as remembered, if more than one pill has been missed, ONLY one pill should be taken.
- B) The next pill should be taken at the usual time. This may mean that 2 pill are taken in one day.
- C) Additional Contraceptive Precautions ( condoms or avoidance of sex) are advised for 2 days ( 48hrs) after restarting the POP.
- D) Emergency contraception is indicated if unprotected sexual intercourse occurred after the missed pill and within 48 hrs of restarting the POP.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by MMA Online Contraceptive Course and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.