Progesterone Only Method Of Contraception
Progestogen Only Pill (Pop)
- 2 types of POPs are available:
- Traditional POPs
eg: Noriday (Norethisterone- NET), Microlut ( Levonorgestrel- LNG)
- Cerazette (desogestrel- DSG)
- Contain small doses of synthetic progesterone with no estrogen.
- Both contain 28 pills in a packet and are taken continuously with no pill free period.
- Typical use Failure Rate is 9%.
- No delay in fertility return following the discontinuation.
- Safe in patients with migraine.
- No association with headache, cardiovascular disease (MI, VTE or stroke) or breast cancer.
- Change in the bleeding patterns is common:
- 2 in 10 women have no bleeding.
- 4 in 10 women have regular bleeding and
- 4 in 10 woman have irregular bleeding.
- Mood changes can occur.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by MMA Online Contraceptive Course and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.