Overview of Unintended Pregnancies and Status of Contraception in Malaysia
Intended and Unintended Pregnancies Worldwide in 2012 and Recent Trends – (1)
- 213 million pregnancies occurred in 2012 compared to 211 million in 2008
- 85 million pregnancies representing 40% of all pregnancies were unintended in 2012
- Of these, 50% ended in abortion, 13% in miscarriage and 38% in Unplanned birth.
Data from the United Nations showed that the reasons for Unintended pregnancies were:-
- Substantial Unmet need for family planning services in many areas of the world.
- Contraception method failure.
- Incorrect or inconsistent use of contraceptives.
- Socio economic/cultural, political/religious & regulatory conditions.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by MMA Online Contraceptive Course and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.